As promised, below you will find an outline of tips and insight straight from Amy Atlas herself on ways to make your dessert display special and unique! You can read about her presentation and book signing event while in Houston here.
Tip 1. “Take your theme use your own sensibility throughout the dessert table to bring the best features out.”
Tip 2. “Have a height element on the table.”
Tip 3. “Mix & match platter materials with balance: ceramic, glass, wood and white platters.”
Tip 4. “Keep vessels versatile. Fill them with flowers, candy, drinks, or favors.”
Tip 5. “Subtle details make table the table cohesive (i.e. tags, ribbon, papers).”
Tip 6. “Look in your closet for fabric inspiration!”
Tip 7. “Runners dress up the table! Use construction paper, recyclable napkins, think outside the box!”
Tip 8. “Dress up white platters with sprinkles, colored sugars, patterned papers, or ribbon.”
Tip 9. “When buying platters, keep in mind surface space, what and how much does it fit?”
Tip 10. “The trifle bowl is a staple item!”
Tip 11. “Hide the delicious ugly food in ceramic bowls & showcase yummy looking food in glass vessels.”
Tip 12. “Think about the portability factor if your event is at another location.”
Tip 13. “Mix food with desserts on the table! Same styling tips apply.”
Tip 14. “Find multi-use platters.”
1. “To keep the food from moving on platters, use liners.”
2. “When buying items, know your crowd, have at least 6 desserts, duplicate items on table.”
3. “My backup desserts are sugar cookies or brownies. They’re versatile to decorate and cover a lot of surface space.”
4. “My mental process starts with color, theme, flavors, crowd & menu.”
5. “Bunting is another focal point and it’s very fun and versatile.”
6. “Use 2-3 colors tops, anything more is too many. Pastels are the exception.”
Amy gave us so much information! These are great tips to follow when designing your very own dessert table or display. If you have any questions regarding any of these tips don’t hesitate to shoot as an email. We will gladly guide you through the process!
Til next time, hope you’re having a delightful day!